Nate Pyle serves as Lead Pastor at Christ’s Community Church in Fishers, Indiana. Nate has written, “As I follow Jesus, I have found that I need to unlearn how to live in the world in order to learn a new way of living. The way Jesus lived.” He shares his thoughts on this new way of living through his blog and his new book “Man Enough.” Thank you for listening to this conversation with Nate.
- (3:00) The importance of intentionality in building community
- (6:35) What can I take off my plate so I can focus on relationships
- (7:20) Building loving communities isn’t a task. It is about being present with God, with yourself, and with others.
- (8:00) The conversation about being in community is a conversation about learning how to love.
- (9:50) The unspoken idea of having to prove yourself and the implications on building loving communities
- (13:30) Nate shares a story that really shaped him
- (19:00) Our need to be known
- (21:40) The book is about being fully human as Jesus was fully human
Nate Pyle’s Book: Man Enough: How Jesus Redefines Manhood by Nate Pyle
Other Book Mentioned: The Making of Ordinary Saints by Nathan Foster and Richard Foster